• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Greetings from the Midwest!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X Pilot

Hello everyone!
My name is Alan.
I flew several ultralights back in the 1980's.
I was 23 years old when I bought my first ultralight airplane in 1988. It was a used Teratorn weight shift (similar to Quicksilver).
I enjoyed flying it as often as possible.
Later, an engine failure and forced landing made me re-examine my hobby.
I sold the aircraft to purchase my first house in 1992 ?
Then I spent 5 years doing corporate aircraft upholstery. 11 years building cars on an assembly line, a couple years building huge Caterpillars, a few more years as a Harley Davidson mechanic,and odd jobs along the way!
Currently self employed with a web site geared toward selling antique 2 cycle motorcycle parts.

You could say Im experiencing a "Mid-life crisis" !

Recently I spent a little time in a Piper Warrior.

Thinking about gaining a Light Sport license. But prefer to fly by the seat of my pants!

So Ive been researching the light sport and ultralights, trying to get up to speed.

I interested in the following:

1. 2 seater

2. 4 stroke engine

3. Folding or removable wings

4. Last but not least is a long SAFETY RECORD.

A lot has changed since 1992 when I sold my aircraft.

But then again, its still the same!

Anyway, I hope to use this web site and the great following it has, to re-examine the options in a 2 place light sport, powered by a 4 cycle, with the benifit of no hanger!

Back