Give Flight Wing Winners Announced - some are among us!

Discussion in 'Hangar Flying' started by Wayne, Jun 26, 2015.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jun 26, 2015 #1

Wayne

Wayne

Wayne

At least two Chapters on HBA have won wings from various Manufacturers to be built by the crowd at this years Airventure. My Chapter (461) won wings from Zenith for the 750 Cruzer and it looks like Fritz's Chapter in New Mexico won a set for a Sonex. The Chapters have been asked to work on the wings at Airventure with the crowd and the goal is to have the completed plane flown to Airventure 2017.

GRATS to all involved and I hope some other members can let us know if they won some.

You can find a little bit of info on Chapter 461's - we are building a joint project with the Illinois Aviation Museum as part of their successful Youth Outreach program. We have had approx 50 youth "builders" for each session, with a very high % of return. The wings will be a massive boost to the program, then we we will be approaching local companies to help cover some of the costs for the instruments, paint, and motor.

If anyone knows how to drive activity through the media let me know - you'll be helping a lot of youngsters build and fly in a dream come true.

Regards,

Wayne

2. Jun 26, 2015 #2

FritzW

FritzW

FritzW

Congratulations on the 750 wings! You guys will have an experienced 750 builder so it should go smooth.

It looks like we got the Sonex wings, we're going to build a Waiex.

3. Jun 26, 2015 #3

Wayne

Wayne

Wayne

No re-engineering that thing in 3D with your homebuilt Router - you have to make those wings as they come!

4. Jun 27, 2015 #4

Tiger Tim

Tiger Tim

Tiger Tim

Then we would get to see a Woodex. Build the thing open cockpit, then it can be a Windex!

bmcj and FritzW like this.
  5. Jun 27, 2015 #5

FritzW

FritzW

FritzW

We have our first Waiex project meeting tomorrow. I'm going to drink the EAA Kool-Aid and build this thing the way Mr. Monnett says to. But the wheels are already turning on a V tail VP-21 ;)

EDIT: ..."Windex" ...brilliant!