• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Electronic Flight Bag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlknolla

Curious who is using any kind of EFB and what hardware/applications are in use.

I was on the industry team that developed the original EFB Advisory Circular (AC 120-76 and 120-76A) back in the '02-'04 timeframe - you can thank myself and a vocal guy from Cessna for keeping AFS400 and the AC from applying to operations conducted under Part 91.

Anyway, I ask because I bought Wifey a Galaxy Tab at Christmas last year and was just thinking how the 7" device seems like it is a great form factor for aviation use. Been checking the Android Market (I am allergic to Apple) and seems like there are some decent apps from Avilution and the like.

Might 'borrow' Wifey's Tab for my flight to Copperstate this weekend.

Looking for any experiences and recommendations here as I look at a new device for Wifey to get me for Christmas this year.:)

Back