• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Dragonfly owners and builders?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwmflying14

Hey there HBA! I have been researching the Viking Dragonfly, and q200 for efficient, affordable, and quick commuter. I have found a few partially assembled kits/projects and I am considering taking one on as an undertaking. The idea being that it would be a good stepping stone before moving to my own kit from the ground up, with something larger and more expensive. So far everything I have read about the Dragonfly and Q's seems reasonable, however it I VERY hard to find a source for specifics. It would be nice to find a forum type community to ask the nitty and gritty questions regarding mandatory improvements (Ive read the sparrow strainers seem to be a must), as well as read into different build techniques, etc. You know, those questions regarding canopy mounting, latching, and that type of chit-chat.

Are there any experienced Q builders (specifically Dragonfly Mk2) on here?

Does anyone know of an outlet, or forum, where some of these people may reside?

Thanks once again HBA!

By the way, yes I know of Canard Aviation forum. I am waiting for my registration to go through. It seems to be more oriented toward the EZ side of canard aircraft, and less the 2LS aircraft (Quickie's, Q2 and Q200's, Dragonfly Mk1,2,2h,3). I am also very aware of Quickheads, but seems more like an information and newsletter drop than a two-way communication forum.

Last edited:
Back