delta kite

Discussion in 'Aircraft Design / Aerodynamics / New Technology' started by Angel79, Aug 31, 2004.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Aug 31, 2004 #1

Angel79

Angel79

Angel79

hi to you all ,
    im very very new in all this , but my will and love to fly is rather old and wery strong :)
    so here is what is bothering me :
    i wanna make delta kite, with light motor on it , so i need any useful information from construction , materials, propeler to calculations how big wing i need or how strong motor .
    i bild this just as start to all this beautifull hoby , so i dont need precise calculations i just want like Right brothers to fly just above ground :)
    please help
    if you dont have a clue how looks my project i would post drawings of it .
    Have a nice flight :)

2. Aug 31, 2004 #2

Othman

Othman

Othman

Hello Angel,

Well you are asking a very big question. I don't think anyone will be able to provide you with the "wright brothers" solution you are looking for. It's a lot of responsibility for anyone to make some design suggestions to you and expect you to risk your life.

Anyway, what I suggest is that you try to get a set of plans for an already designed aircraft. There are many simple designs out there that are just what you are asking for.

check out the affordaplane (http://affordaplane.com/) or Wing Ding, just to name a couple.

You can see a list of ultralight designs at this link:

http://www.ultralightnews.com/plansbuyerguide/

Play Safe!

3. Aug 31, 2004 #3

StRaNgEdAyS

StRaNgEdAyS

StRaNgEdAyS

I too advocate the use of building from an accepted existing design, but then also being one who is designing one of my own, I can also say that this is an excellent and interesting way to go, just don't expect it to be easier, quicker or cheaper, as I can assure you it is none of the above.
    Unless you have an educational background in aeronautical design and engineering, it will be quite a learning experience, but most definately a worthwhile one, you will learn so much more about what keeps you in the air and moving about that what you would doing it any other way.
    :D

4. Sep 1, 2004 #4

Angel79

Angel79

Angel79

Well i know it will be lots of sweat and hard work but it wont be hard for me. I have lots of knowledge abot aircraft designe and ruls of the air and all about it i need some general plan how to build aircraft, so i would appriciate if some one has plans for kite i like to bild or "airbike" it seams quite a chalange for me. :) and i have lots of material readi , aluminium pipes and joints. but i need sugestion also about material for coverage of the wings .
    see ya