For Sale Completed 2/3 scale P-38 prototype

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by jculley, Jul 27, 2012.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jul 27, 2012 #1

jculley

jculley

jculley

I have my fathers home built 2 place 2/3 scale P-38 that has been stored in a hangar at Gross Ile airport, Mi. since his fatal accident. It isn't considered a replica because the cowling has been modified for custom build A-frame radiators and the canopy was modified so the passenger can face forward. The initial FAA inspection was done and all recommendations were completed and he was going to have it at Oshkosh the following spring. His plans were to sell Prints and components to hoe builders. I have all the prints on auto cad. The pictures are on the album post and I will try to attach the description files to this post or you can contact me at jlc4569@yahoo.com. It was 12 yrs in the making, he was a member of the Gross Ile chapter of EAA and John Pauly wrote a half magazine article in an early copy of Contact Magazine. Will accept $60,000.00 and will sign off all patent rights and registration.

Attached Files:

2. Aug 18, 2012 #2

twotiedye

twotiedye

twotiedye

What engines does it use? Is the cabin heated?

3. Aug 20, 2012 #3

jculley

jculley

jculley

[FONT=&quot]ENGINE SPECS & FEATURES[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]BUICK 215 V8[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot].020 OVERSIZE BORE[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]ROCHESTER 2 BBL CARB-283 CFM-283 CHEVY/324 OLDS[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]8.5:1 COMPRESSION RATIO[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]CROWER #50228 CAM[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]POSITIVE STYLE VALVE SEALS[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]BRONZE WALL VALVE GUIDES[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]OIL PUMP BOOSTER PLATE - 20W-5O PENNZOIL[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]GM HEI DISTRIBUTOR - SPIRAL WOUND SPARKPLUG WIRES[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]ALIGN BORED[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]BALANCED[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]BORED & HONED WITH DECK PLATE[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]STUDS USED FOR MAIN CAPS & CYL. HDS[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]CUSTOM BUILT STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST MANIFOLDS &[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]COLLECTOR Y PIPES[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]FUEL 87 OCTAIN UNLEADED[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]ENGINE WEIGHT (W/O PSRU) = APPROX 300#[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]CUSTOM BUILT REDUCTION UNIT 1.6:1 RATIO[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]4 IN WIDE BELT DRIVE[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]CUSTOM BUILT ALUMINUM RADIATORS[/FONT]

Yes the cockpit is heated, If you will send your e-mail I will be able to send all the description files and thanks for the interest.

4. Aug 16, 2015 #4

Ironcrow

Ironcrow

Ironcrow

Is this aircraft still for sale