• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Completed 2/3 scale P-38 prototype

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jculley

I have my fathers home built 2 place 2/3 scale P-38 that has been stored in a hangar at Gross Ile airport, Mi. since his fatal accident. It isn't considered a replica because the cowling has been modified for custom build A-frame radiators and the canopy was modified so the passenger can face forward. The initial FAA inspection was done and all recommendations were completed and he was going to have it at Oshkosh the following spring. His plans were to sell Prints and components to hoe builders. I have all the prints on auto cad. The pictures are on the album post and I will try to attach the description files to this post or you can contact me at [email protected]. It was 12 yrs in the making, he was a member of the Gross Ile chapter of EAA and John Pauly wrote a half magazine article in an early copy of Contact Magazine. Will accept $60,000.00 and will sign off all patent rights and registration.

Attachments

• P38-2[1].jpg
    P38-2[1].jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,987
  • P-38-1[1].jpg
    P-38-1[1].jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,414
  • P38_DAD[1].jpg
    P38_DAD[1].jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 3,410
Back