• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Challenger II VFR night flying? Rotax engine question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjake91x

Hello,

I've been trying to find the answer to my question all over the internet but so far no luck so I'm just gonna throw it out there. Can a Challenger II be flown at night VFR legally? I have a PPL, so night flying would be legal from the license perspective. With that out of the way, lets assume the plane is equipped with the rights instruments, and it has the required lights. Can night VFR be done? I am asking because somewhere on the internet I came across a message that the Rotax engines that the Challenger uses are NOT certified as aircraft engines, therefore the Challenger II cannot be operated under night VFR... :ponder: It does not make too much sense to me but I'd rather ask just to be sure.

Also, when I buy the plane, can I install the navigation lights on it myself? Do I have to get an A&P to do it, or do I just get an A&P to inspect my installation?

Thanks in advance,
Jake

Back