• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Canopy Quick Disconnect

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GESchwarz

Has anybody seen any canopies that have a quick disconnect feature?

My interest is in being able to jetison my canopy in the event that I crash land the plane and the canopy won't slide back due to a bent cockpit. My canopy is on tracks like the RV-8. If the tracks are bent out of parallel, the canopy may not be able to slide back very far before they become jammed.

So, I'm thinking of a QD that will allow me to be able to separate the canopy from the rollers and or track.

The obvious concern is that it not be easy to activate when you don't want it to, like in flight.

Back