Quantcast

Can wonder woman have her plane now?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Pilot-34

Is there anything preventing building the invisible plane?
Clear plastic sheets Cut ,bent, glued and Blown into the shape of an airplane?

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Hmmm, what's the speed rating on clear Monokote?
I don't know, but I have been using sticky back Monokote trim material for N numbers since 1980 with speed over 200 mph and never had any problems.

Pilot-34

Think about it high wing lowingit doesn’t make any difference you can see through either one of them......,,

Pilot-34

Sounds like all we need to do is find the molds from the Revel kit and scale them up.......

Sockmonkey

I'm thinking electric spy plane. Don't have to worry about radar when you're hard enough to see that you can get away with flying below it.

Hephaestus

I always forget about aluminum oxynitride (aka ALON or clear aluminum)

Some day if I hit the lotto maybe I'll look up it's material specs, pretty sure it is way out of my budget until then 😂

Victor Bravo

You'd probably be better off doing what (I understand) Audi did with their "invisible car" demonstration. They took a normal car and covered it on one side with a molded computer screen, then put cameras on the other side of the car. So as the car drove by, you saw the computer screen projecting what was on the other side of the car, creating the effect that you could see through the car.

Today, I think it's Ford that offers this same principle as "the invisible trailer" using a backup camera mounted on the rear of the trailer.

Pilot-34

They've had the engine for it for fifty years or more....
View attachment 98326

Ron Wanttaja
Lol actually something like this is what I thought would be the only practical application
Imagine being able to show people the various systems under the skin of an airplane at flyin’s or displays at fairs or schools.

Not to mention being the most popular display at comic con.

Pilot-34

In a real life flying one Towers and all the traffic in the pattern would hate you.
Plane
“ Generic tower WW00X inbound over lost lake”
Tower
“ All traffic advisory don’t bother to look for the invisible plane!”

Jerry Lytle

Does anyone remember 'the Negligee.' A J3 cub that had been covered with a clear covering. It was featured in Flying many years ago. It was just a short term publicit stunt, but it was flown. Later it was stripped and recovered with standard fabric.