• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

CALVIN Why did I look at the sky ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark W

Growing up in the 1950s and 60s we worked the farm late. Farmhand Calvin asked me to look up at the stars; he pointed out them. In Iowa then the sky was truly dark and beautiful. A 14 year old farm boy sees this good thing. I bought a car at 15, dated pretty girls at 16, and learned to wrench engines at 17. I went to college but some buddies did no; I enlisted in the US Army in 1969 and hung in there. The ARMY taught me to be bold.. I thank them so much for this. I went on to help Dad after a farm accident, and then a corporate flying stint before landing a spot at Mesaba Aviation. What a great company for 24 years. You can make your life or just let lackies suggest what if...**** Don't come round here bud with nothing but a good attitude. Mark W

Back