BMW R1150

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Will Aldridge

Log Member
A french company is selling what's looking like a nice BMW package (custom ECU) for pusher configuration (trike & autogyre) : Moteur VENTURA R1200S 3500€ for the PSRU though...
The german version: Take Off
I'm working on a BMW R1200 conversion for my kitfox.20191001_103342.jpg

I sent a email to Ventura asking about buying some components but never got a response. I'm most interested in their intake plenums and exhaust headers.

I'm thinking that it would be advantageous to find a French speaker preferably in Europe who would be willing to communicate with them and see if they would be willing to sell those components. Anyone interested in helping out?

photocopter

I'm working on a BMW R1200 conversion for my kitfox.View attachment 108311

I sent a email to Ventura asking about buying some components but never got a response. I'm most interested in their intake plenums and exhaust headers.

I'm thinking that it would be advantageous to find a French speaker preferably in Europe who would be willing to communicate with them and see if they would be willing to sell those components. Anyone interested in helping out?
Hey I can give them I call if you wish. I will need a bit more info about specific part number / model of plenum and exhaust header you would like.

Will Aldridge

Log Member
Hey I can give them I call if you wish. I will need a bit more info about specific part number / model of plenum and exhaust header you would like.
Thanks I'll look and see if I can find part numbers. I found them last year but will have to find them again.

Will Aldridge

Log Member
In the attached catalog page 12 has the exhaust system. I can't use their muffler with my setup so I would only be interested in the header pipes, but not sure if they would sell them separately.

Page 17 I think is the intake/ cooling plenums. I looked up the French word "ecopes" which means scoop, so I think that's what it means.

My engine is a 2006 and I can tell the engine they use is s different year so not sure if the plenums would work but fairly certain the exhaust headers will.

Attachments