• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Banty U/L - any info?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin-stl

Hi All:

I am new to the site and am enjoying it very much. I am in the investigation stage, searching for the right plane to build. My selection parameters are:

1. Plans built
2. wood and fabric
3. single place (2-place is a possibility, but probably not)
4. part 103 legal would be nice, but not a necessity
5. high-wing - I am particularly fond of parasols
6. Quality plans and good track record of design.

Basically, I am looking for a slow, sight seeing machine. Currently I am considering the Ragwing line, the Fisher line (they sell plans), and the Butterfly Aero Banty. I really like the looks of the Banty, but I can't find much information on it. The design has been around for quite sometime, but no one seems to be talking about it anywhere. That lack of info concerns me some. Also, the plans price is $25. Can I really expect to get a good set of plans for that? For comparison, Fisher plans cost $250. Can anyone share any info - good or bad - about the Banty? Anyone care to offer any other designs I should consider?

Thanks all for your interest and help.

Kevin

Back