Aviation Landscaping Art

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
This is pretty cool. I'd love to have something like this in the landscaping although my wife would disagree. Kinda like in front of a museum but in your yard.

Anyone have any other photos of something similar?

FB_IMG_1559439352607.jpg

TFF

My mom did not like the Teenie Two project I brought home and stuck in the back yard. Only one wing was messed up. It got deconstructed. Unlucky my wife keeps buying yard art. Some are pretty good but some is oh boy. We will not say a thing about the four project cars in the back. They are under carports so not in the yard. I learned something. No houses, I did see a Beech 18 on a stand at an airport in a hard bank. First time I glanced at it I thought it was a crashing airplane! I believe the EAA building in Monroe Louisiana has a Davis DA5 on a stand.

BJC

HBA Supporter
D0318468-DEF9-45A6-8100-52A7E4BA8262.jpeg Teenie 2 wreck. Landing gear collapsed on landing, and the airplane cartwheeled. No serious injuries to the pilot. Engine and canopy destroyed, spars damages beyond economic repair. In the builder’s front yard.

BJC

BJC

HBA Supporter
There was a “94th Aero Squadron” restaurant by the St. Petersburg - Clearwater airport (PIE) years ago. Neat place to visit, but not very good food or service. No longer there.

BJC

Turd Ferguson

There was a “94th Aero Squadron” restaurant by the St. Petersburg - Clearwater airport (PIE) years ago. Neat place to visit, but not very good food or service. No longer there.
None of the 94th Aero Squadron restaurants in the Midwest remain in business except for the one at Columbus, Oh, CMH. I imagine it will be the last one standing.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
There was also a 94th Aero Squadron at a NJ airport (Caldwell?). Only ate there once, but the food was pretty good.

BJC

HBA Supporter
Can anyone ID the fuselage or the wing in post #9?

It looks like a Twin Bonanza fuselage with some sheetmetal and a fake propeller added to the nose, with a Mooney wing. I did not get a good look at it; the photo is from a much better vantage point than I had.

BJC

plncraze

HBA Supporter
The way the nose narrows down it looks like an old Baron. Can't tell the wing.

Mcmark

Hard to be sure, but I'm with plncraze, old Baron, but can't see the vertical stab well enough to be sure. And the wing, I can't see the anything definitive.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
The iconic Poud Bird restaurant next to LA International Airport (LAX)... been there over 50 years. We also have the famous "94th Aero Squadron" at Van Nuys airport (KVNY), which was built by the same guy who did the Proud Bird (David Tallichet).
I used to do some work (mostly warbird restoration) with David years and years (and years and years) ago. I even flew a ferry flight with him in a B-17, but I never asked him how he gained his wealth. It wasn’t until about 3 years ago while I was eating at the Proud Bird when I saw his photo behind the desk and learned that his money came from the creation of several themed restaurant chains he created (Proud Bird, 94th Aero Squadron, Rusty Pelican, Luminarias, Castaway, etc).

Last edited:

pictsidhe

The iconic Poud Bird restaurant next to LA International Airport (LAX)... been there over 50 years. We also have the famous "94th Aero Squadron" at Van Nuys airport (KVNY), which was built by the same guy who did the Proud Bird (David Tallichet).
I had to google that red-blue-white roundel. It was used for 18 months by the USA.