• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Android builder log app - any interest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mstratman

As a side project while I wait for the ability to get and start a kit (hopefully a few months), I was thinking of creating an Android builders log app, with a corresponding web interface for those times you don't want to type on a tiny keyboard.

Is this something anyone else has felt the need for? Currently it seems the best options for an electronic builders log are
1. a really old windows program, kitlog
2. an iPad app
or 3. just regular blog software

What I had in mind was something that
* lets you quickly and easily take photos and integrate them with the log entries
* lets you start a post on the phone, but finish it on a website if desired
* can publish to a site, including making it printable
* has basic fields: date, hours, category, title, details, tags, manual/plans page or reference

Let me know
1. If this is something you feel the need for, or if not why
2. If you're interested, whether you're running Android 5 or greater
3. Most importantly: Anything you think a builders log app must have?

Back