Quantcast

aircraft spruce Corona

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

JIC

Has anybody had any problems getting 4130 from Aircraft Spruce in Corona.

I need to order some 3/8-.035 and 1/2-.035 but they are out been out for the past week.

I have never experience this from them before, it has been a few years since I have order any tubing.

I started a new project and I am wondering if I'm going to have problem getting tubing for it.

Corona is the closes to me here in Idaho.

jic

TFF

I dont you about their shortage, but I know a little about steel. Steel is made in production run batches. If the system sells out before the next batch is made, there is a wait. Sometimes on real specialty stuff it is run once a year. I bet people have bought up extra because the impending doom of tariffs. ACS might be waiting not to get stuck with some false high price if they bought a batch, then have the market go flat and down. More than likely some will be rolling in the next month unless they give some kind of notice.

proppastie

Log Member
there are other suppliers out there if you need it bad.

proppastie

Log Member
airparts of kansas city, wag aero, ......is anything close to Boise? it all will have to be shipped so it should not matter.....

JIC

ACS Corona received a shipment and now has it in stock.

I placed my order today and should see it here Friday 3/30/2018

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Has anybody had any problems getting 4130 from Aircraft Spruce in Corona.
20ish years ago a lot of us had problems getting 4130, of any sort. Everyone was out of the common sizes for flat and tube for quite a while. Dillsburg was about the only source for tube until the supply chain got filled again, and they were our of flat. I still have a batch of 4130A sheet that I got from AS+S during the period when they gave us the choice of getting nothing or whatever they could get - be it N or A.

I seriously looked into titanium as a substitute for one project because it was available.

We are such a small market spot shortages are just a way of life. :dis:

BJC

HBA Supporter