AF-129 another new pusher design.

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Mac790

It seems that everybody designs pushers now:), I don't have any info at the moment about flight test, etc, just some pictures of completed airplane and renderings. Although I not specially like outside shapes, but I really like the interior, we had a few thread related to dashboards/cockpits, I know that we have many people here that prefer old school stuff, but I like modern ones. It seems that they use a sailplane airfoil.

AVIACOM - news
Unfortunately in Polish.
AVIACOM - samolot AF-129

Seb

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 508
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 648
  • Aksonometria1.jpg
    Aksonometria1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 968
  • 181631-Ultralekki-samolot-nowej-generacji-AF-129.jpg
    181631-Ultralekki-samolot-nowej-generacji-AF-129.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,203
  • cockpit.jpg
    cockpit.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 785
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 816

Robby

Just a thought-

Are those the throttle controls just aft of the triangular-quasi-stick-'yoke' thingie ??!!

If so, you have an ergonomic, um issue.
One, your elbow/forearm is going to be bumping/hitting one or more of those levers all the time and
Two it will be near impossible to use/adjust the throttle levers with one hand while holding the 'triangular-quasi-stick-'yoke' thingie' with the other unless you are a contortionist ??

Or maybe I'm all wet and all wrong about what I'm looking at.

Mac790

Throttle controls are on outer sides, those things in the middle are flap controls, and probably some kind of aerodynamic brakes controls, I also don't believe that you see their final version on those renderings, for example controls looks different on that isometric blueprint drawing. It doesn't look so bad on this rendering from other perspective.

Seb

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,186

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow. I really like that. I would've made the booms longer, myself, but I really like the overall design and aesthetics. Although this is yet another case where I wish they'd kept it quiet until after at least a prototype has flown.

orion

R.I.P.
Chris Gagliano has been at that project for a while now (he asked me for help early on but I was busy so could not get fully involved). I am curious though as to their viability - it's been four years since their first flight and yet still not visible market presence. I like the design though.

The AVIACOM plane looks to be well made but I really dislike the tail. Nice cockpit though.

Aircar

Banned
Is that Inverted V tail also "unjoined" at the centreline ? --looks so in the drawing but the photo is not clear -- why the tail booms are curved in not clear either --looks a bit "Rutanesque" in the curvy sub fins and general lines --slightly "Baroque" compared to most sailplanes but certainly a big step up on the average twin boom pusher or standard tractor job.