• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Airplane Wanted Advice re Velocity Project Purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vh2q

Have been looking for an unfinished Velocity project for some time, pref an RG, as my next step up from my Cruisair. There are plenty around it seems. But lacking experience with homebuilts, I don't know how to identify the solid candidates vs the lemons. I am wise enough to realize that if a project has been languishing for years, and the owner is still alive and kicking, there is probably a reason it got hung up. For example, there is one near Pittsburgh that is on it's 3rd owner and that guy has just bought a Sling instead. It seems cheap, but there are probably several reasons why it's cheap. What does one look for? Or should one just hire out the inspection to someone who knows what they are doing? And how practical is it to transport one of these? They are apparently 11' wide with the wings off. Are there professionals who will know how to move a plane like this? I know it's wiser to find something local but that may take a long time.

Back