A mountain pass that will get your...well see for yourself.

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

DarylP

My brother sent me the picture below.....

Look closely at the next picture.....

That's right...its mountain goats!

They are crossing the [FONT=&quot]Buffalo Bill **** on the Shoshone river at Cody Wyoming.... [/FONT]
:shock:

Thought you all might get a kick out of this.

DarylP

Hot Wings

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Only problem with that picture is that it isn't the BB dam. Got the same e-mail and just happened to be at the real dam a week later. I'd post a pic of the real BB dam but I don't have any from that trip on this computer...............back to flying, which those goats wish they could do if they trip :gig:

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Thus we see the true penalties of goat evolution in action. Otherwise they'd pick the locks at the gates and cross by that nice flat road on top of the dam. Darned lack of opposable thumbs!!! :gig:

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
From snopes:

This photo set is another case in which the overall concept is real, but the finer details have been altered: These pictures of four-legged critters on a dam face are not photographs of bighorn sheep on the Buffalo Bill Dam in Wyoming, but of Alpine ibex on the Diga del Cingino dam in northern Italy.

The ibex are a type of wild mountain goat which are excellent climbers and typically live in steep, rocky terrain at higher altitudes (up to 15,000 feet above sea level), so the alpine environment of the Diga del Cingino is not an unusual habitat in which to find them.
-Dana

I never entertain wicked thoughts...Wicked thoughts entertain me.

DarylP

Well I knew a bunch of guys that fly high above things, (not taking gates themselves) would know the truth. :ermm: My brother titled this "real or fake" so there was concern even from him that it was real. I take that the only thing fake was that the location is wrong?? Can't trust anything nowadays.

Group Builder