• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

A 2L"medium" for front seat solo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There really is no reason to do solo from the front seat of a 2L and I can actually think of a few reasons not to.

1. In my opinion it is much easier to get into the rear seat of a 2L compared to the front. at least it was on mine when it did have a front seat. The front seat on a non-stretched 2L is tight.
  2. Visibility from the rear seat position is fine. On my airplane which doesn't have a raised canopy, it only takes very slight s-turning to see straight ahead. The narrow cowl and low attitude on the ground means you can pretty much see everything without even s-turning. I wouldn't even call it s-turn, more like just a tail wiggle to see.
  3. The rear seat is in my opinion the safer bet if something were to happen. You have a lot of structure ahead of you to crush and absorb energy in the event of an accident. In the front seat, your feet are just behind the firewall.
  4. Same for the instrument panel. It is close to you in the front and you are very likely to hit it if something bad were to happen. Since eliminating the front seat in my 2L I did add a panel further back, but it is still nowhere as close as the front seat to stock panel.
Agree totally,anyone can do anything they want on an EAB, been in aviation for 50 and having built and flown a 2L, it’s my opinion and mine only that I have a bad gut feeling about this design proposal,but nevertheless, good luck

Latest posts

Back