• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Not quite so structural foams?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSD

To get started and learn/practice carbon fibre layups etc I'm going to make a new centre console for my boat. It probably doesn't need the "structural" foams that are used in homebuilt aircraft, and because I'm only going to need a couple of sheets and road transport for sheets is very expensive here in Australia I'm looking for a cheap readily available foam - something that I can get from somewhere other than a specialty composites supplier. Any suggestions?

I've seen mentioned on here "pink foam" that you get from Lowe's or Home Depot - what type of foam is that? We don't have those stores here unfortunately :-(

Back