• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

jeannies teenie with actual engine from the cover 1968 pop. mech. magazine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxpwr

i had a huge story written up here and hit submit and it all dissappeared and told me to log in again. jeannies teenie for sale built in 69/70, motor from plane on cover of pop. mech. 1968. It's currently best offer, my goal is to aquire a KR2 or KR2-S. It runs and flies, ive only had it maybe 6" off ground but that counts. Will rewrite it all tomorrow, stay tuned.

This jeannie teeniei was built in 1969 mostly at a Navy base in Meridian Mississippi and after the guy was transferred to California it was finished up there, I have pictures and loose clippings of it being built from the Navy newspaper office. it has a new prop and has a new airspeed indicator I rebuilt the carburetor from a kit I found after an extensive search on the internet. Engine is weak it seems, my idea was to get a set of 40 horsepower pistons and cylinders to give it the compression it needs to power up. I have the engine Log for it and the dates that are on it are about the time Louis long took flights in the Popular Mechanics magazine in 1968. It does idle smooth and runs great I believe the compression is low from the feel I get while hand propping. the engine it is a 1200 CC Volkswagen engine from a 1961 beetle according to the engine log it is at 36 horsepower model but with the time and the feel of the compression I'm guessing it's less than 20 horsepower currently. the biggest kit you can get for the cylinders is the turn it into a 1400 cc engine without cutting into the block to fit a larger crank. the propeller I have on it now might be too long as the design called for a 54 by 35 inch currently it is a 60 by 34 it has a RPM gauge from the sixties with the transmitter that held the battery that hasn't been made since the eighties, youso I don't know if I'm just turning too lower of rpms or iCloud engine is just that weak. has an oil pressure gauge that works, cylinder head temperature gauge work, oil temperature gauge not workin, RPM gauge not working, altimeter untested, airspeed indicator working but not calibrated. I even have a hand written letter from Lewis law on one of the Flyers with the original I have the receipt for the engine no and they are arguing over a $15 spinner that wasn't included in the purchase, kinda funny to me.

My current life goal is to acquire a KR2/KR2S I personally would fly this plane once the motor is tuned up correctly but I need to sell it or trade with cash for towards the purchase of a KR. I'll call the price best offer for now as there is no way to find a value for the this in any book. The KR I'm looking for should not be worth more than 10 grand I don't need anything fancy just a commuter as its a 12 hour drive from work to home on the weekends I'd rather cut that down to 4 and actually have time to spend with my kids rather than nap on the couch from the drive would need it to be all is almost ready to fly as possible I can work with a few mechanical malfunctions but I do not need a set of plans with a pile of 2x4s and some foam

While this classic is in great shape all electronics are original from the sixties and being the very definition of home built, this is however at the bottom of that line, perhaps this would be best as a piece of history and just put on display. When I have it out and people come up and ask when am I gonna take off, the expressions you see on their faces by saying "as soon as I save up for the remote control" is well worth it.
I spent more than a few hours polishing and buffing the aluminum to bring out a shine so far the top of the left wing and the port side have quite a shine to it. up close you can see corrosion I would say nothing bad nothing deep just pitting, it was noted from the builder that while transporting it back from California to Wisconsin road salt damaged the finish I doubt its safety issue but something that should be mentioned here.
Again BEST OFFER, or even if your not a buyer what would you say its worth?
Email, [email protected] and thanks for reading and your interest.
this is being typed by Google Voice capture please excuse the punctuation errors I will fix them shortly

Last edited:
Back