• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Flaperon question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4trade

Hello everybody!

I am not any kind of engineer, just regular builder and i need some help! I have been calculate wing for my future project and i dont know how much flaperons add lift.

Design airfoil is Naca 64A-212 Cl max 1,5

Other i think i may use is Naca 23012 Cl max 1,76

Aileron is 12% of cord and i need Cl max 2,2 to reach stall speed i must have. I think i can use those ailerons like flaperons. Ailerons are piano hinge type and full span.

Can i find that much Cl max for this small aileron or do i need to widen those ones?

Can i find Cl max 2,2 at all for those airfoils and flaperon any size or do i need to add more wing area to compensate that lower Cl max?

I really appreciate if somebody can help me. I am now in empty weight calculation and find out can i do that plane or do i need to find some other project.

Thanks!

Back