• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

(xx prop governors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMD

I was reading a 912 iS installation manual as a result of a question about variable speed props on 912/14 engines. I expect the 914 will attract such a desire regularly, and 912 only rarely - and that such a need would be met by electrically controlled props. Looks as if you can have the single aux pad set up for either a vacuum pump or a hydraulic governor.

My question to those with a lot more Rotax 4 cycle exposure than I have ever had is what percentage of 912 engines ever use a hydraulic governor? For that matter: what level of vacuum pump installations?

Back