• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wingtip drag rudders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyrod

I have been trying to research wind tip drag rudders for roll, like on the Easy Riser and Bright Star Millennium. And I was wondering if there are any benefits to the design over a traditional aileron?

In particular, I was looking for the rigging. They look like they function independently via springs and a stopper from what I could see in a photo of the Millennium. It appeared as though the stick and rudders were equipped with springs, only allowing the rudders to be moved outwardly and stopped at the neutral point by stoppers.

And it would seem that a considerable amount of tension would be required as to not allow the rudders to be sucked out on there own, which I would guess could cause potential flutter problems.

Any rigging diagrams out there?

Wil

Back