• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Why I like the British LAA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cluttonfred

Supporting Member
I have been an overseas member of the British Light Aviation Association (formerly the Popular Flying Association) for many years now. I really enjoy their magazine Light Aviation because it features homebuilt, vintage, and even warbird aircraft that are in a cost and complexity category that I can realistically dream of reaching. Here is a great example in the comments and pics from LAA member Nigel Hitchman on the Shuttleworth FB page after attending the annual LAA Rally in Sywell:

Of the almost 1000 visiting aircraft there were maybe 100 spam cans. But there were also 5 Miles aircraft, the only Mercury, two Messengers and two Geminies, two Mew Gulls, a Comper Swift, 3 Chiltons, Cosmic Wind, Travel Air Mystery Ship, Morane 317, Bucker Jungmesiter, Dragon Rapide, Moth Major, Hornet Moth, Fox Moth several Tiger Moths, Austers, Cubs, Luscombes, Cessna Airmaster and several other vintage Cessnas, 5 or 6 Aeroncas, Beech 18, Stampe, Zlin, DHC Beaver and several Chipmunks and plenty more. Also lots of interesting homebuilts some of which were quite vintage such as 3 Taylor Monoplanes and two Taylor Titches, two motor cadets, EAA biplane, Acrosport, several Pitts, Pietenpol and even a single seat Jodel D9 that came all the way from Spain. and a few warbirds coming and going too Buchon, P47, P51 and Spitfire. A great 4 days at Sywell!

DD865160-B627-44FF-81D2-DE145E1E5612.jpg 2D641CC3-B61C-46BC-BADA-0EA171553107.jpg A14CF31E-164C-4086-AC13-8A1D488B972D.jpg 2E29CE9C-1C55-4D5A-947D-1B439C86392C.jpg 5736E70B-F380-4313-8DAF-0B8936F12C63.jpg

If anyone is interested, here is the link for more info: http://www.lightaircraftassociation.co.uk/membership/Membership.html (No, I don’t get a commission.)

Back