Quantcast

Wanted- Cessna 150/152 Nose Gear

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Sprucemoose

I'm looking for the nose gear from a Cessna 150/152 for my Breezy project. P/n Sk150-11. If you have the wheel I might be interested as well but really looking for the nose gear.

planecrazy J

Hello there fellow air lubbers. whats up bruce? Thnks for that online link to Ac43.13.Down loaded it already. valuable stuff. I really need the 150 shop manual. Is it offered on line as soft copy or hard? I need it any ways.Jeff I hope you get thru with that nose wheel . I need one too along with any other parts . I hvae no insrtuments. My wings will definitely need rebuilding.if any one knows of scrap 150s that i can access parts from please let me know. I not a wealthy guy . All the way from Guyana, South America.we are known for our hospitality. You fellas are welcome here any time.any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Jerry

Dan Thomas

Hello there fellow air lubbers. whats up bruce? Thnks for that online link to Ac43.13.Down loaded it already. valuable stuff. I really need the 150 shop manual. Is it offered on line as soft copy or hard? I need it any ways.Jeff I hope you get thru with that nose wheel . I need one too along with any other parts . I hvae no insrtuments. My wings will definitely need rebuilding.if any one knows of scrap 150s that i can access parts from please let me know. I not a wealthy guy . All the way from Guyana, South America.we are known for our hospitality. You fellas are welcome here any time.any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Jerry
Cessna asks big money for maintenance manuals. They're not available online. Essco Aircraft offers some, but I don't know if they're current. Probably not, but if you're making a homebuilt out of this thing it won't matter. See
Cessna Maintenance & Parts Manuals

There are huge differences between manufacturers in their philosophies of service infomation provision. Cessna, for instance, charges outrageous prices for manuals in any format. For our R182, the Parts Catalogue and Service Manual came to well over $600 Canadian. Two lousy books. For a copy of a Temporary Revision to a manual, they want $15 for maybe three sheets of paper. We give them more than $700 a year for Service Bulletins and the notifications that TRs have been issued. We get the 1970s Legacy 100 series info on CD, six discs that are supposed to be upated twice a year (but often aren't) that are nothing more than scans of the old paper manuals. In the parts cat, for instance, the ancient part numbers are still given even though many have been superseded 20 years ago or more. The program that drives it is a clunky, clumsy affair that takes far longer to access than just grabbing the paper manual, so we just print off any updates and stick them in the hard copies. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, seeing that they're still building the 172/182/206 using protruding-head rivets, like an old locomotive boiler. Their entry into smooth, modern composities was made by buying someone else's design, the Lancair Columbia, and calling it the Cessna 400. I can just imagine the prices of the manuals for that $625,000 airplane.

On the other hand, American Champion has (much thinner) manuals that cost around $30 apiece. Service Bulletins and other technical advice is free on their website. As it should be. If you pay huge dollars for an airplane, shouldn't it come with every manual and a few years of free updates?

Dan

rcflyerbob

Spruce mouse
I just sent you a reply that I have the 150 nose gear that you are looking for , I am new at answering messages on this site and curious if you got my message is as I found a different way to reply to messages, still learning how to use this site.

Bob Clabaugh