Valley Engineering PRSU info needed.

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Ratterrier

I have a Valley Engineering PRSU on my VW powered biplane. I need to find out where to get replacement balls for the belt tension-er. They are like super balls there are six of them. I also need to find out how tight to put them, there is supose to be two marks to line up, but mine only has one with no line to line up with. I am not sure how far I can twist these balls out of shape without damaging them. These balls must be used in some other application. They look like maybe silicone? Thanks for any help.

Ratterrier

Thanks so much for the replies. Very much appreciated. Valley Engineering closed shop quite a few years ago. I emailed Alaina Lewis a couple of times but received no answer. She is probably very busy making props. I have watched the You Tube video and they make it look easy, just pull it tight until the two marks line up, unfortunately mine was manufactured without one for the marks, so I'm only guessing at how tight the belts need to be. Thanks Richard, The McMaster-Carr I can try some of the silicone ones and see if they are the same. The Torsional Vibration and resonance Thread is very interesting. It is unfortunate so many of these small companies last such a short time especially ones that had some good ideas.

Latest posts