Starlite Project New Zealand

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Tom Goddard

Hi. My name is Tom and I live in Auckland, New Zealand.
I have recently acquired a Starlite project, but it came without plans.
Does anyone have plans for a Starlite, specifically wing construction?
I would like to hear from anyone who has any information that might be helpful.
My NZ cell number is +64210451843.
Thanks.
Tom

crusty old aviator

They were on the Yahoo Star*Lite Group, in their archives. Yahoo’s been reorganizing recently, so hopefully they’re still there. If not, PM me and I’ll check to see if I still have pdf’s of them.
Glean as much as you can from the Yahoo Group while it still exists! Fair Dinkum...

Tom Goddard

They were on the Yahoo Star*Lite Group, in their archives. Yahoo’s been reorganizing recently, so hopefully they’re still there. If not, PM me and I’ll check to see if I still have pdf’s of them.
Glean as much as you can from the Yahoo Group while it still exists! Fair Dinkum...

Tom Goddard

Hello Mr Crusty, I have a partly finished Starlite Project, but need information on the wooden wing construction, specifically the bushing procedure or connecting method where the wings are joined to each other. I understand that this is a sensitive area and builders have experienced catastrophic failures. I wish thus to avoid repeating those mistakes. Any info you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Tom

Yellowhammer

Hi. My name is Tom and I live in Auckland, New Zealand.
I have recently acquired a Starlite project, but it came without plans.
Does anyone have plans for a Starlite, specifically wing construction?
I would like to hear from anyone who has any information that might be helpful.
My NZ cell number is +64210451843.
Thanks.
Tom

The Starlight and the Pulsar are pretty much the same exact when it comes to construction. The Staright is just narrower than the Pulsar and not by much. The Pulsar really should be a one seater. I can send you my construction manuals if you would like via PDF file?

Also, I have a friend who is good friend with Mark Brown who designed both the Starlight and the Pulsar,. I can check and see if anyone has the Manuals and Plans you are looking for.

crusty old aviator

Do you have the assembly manuals, Tom? I can email those to you on a PM. The important thing in the spar attach is getting everything lined up and securing it in place, and using drill guide blocks to ensure 90 degree angles for the holes. Start with 1/4”, then drill and ream up to the bushing size. Dry fit the bushings and all of the attach hardware before unclamping the spars/fuselage bulkheads to ensure everything will line up after you glue the bushings in.

Group Builder