• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sonex Onex, Tom Cruise and an opportunity..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecialK

Hello All!

I'm a new forum member and am about to pull the trigger on a small airplane (Sonex Onex) and wanted to ask the group 2 things:

1) Any thoughts on this plane for a novice aspiring pilot?
2) I am located in Canada, the plane is in the Novato (California) area. It is recently built and in order to import it into Canada the plane needs to have 100 flight hours. Any pilots in the Novato area interested in making some money to hit the skies for 100 hours?

Those familiar with the Onex know the cockpit mimics a fighter jet and with the new Top Gun: Maverick movie set to come out may be a good opportunity to do what you love, make some money and tap into your inner Tom Cruise :) Let me know!

Thanks

Back