Smallest possible hyperlite electric aeroplane for max 250 lbs pilots.

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

topspeed100

Banned
I think the place for this diminutive efficient aeroplane was not in the Erkki67s thread of regular ultraltes..don't you think so too ?

To keep it intact and in sake of people to start concentraing on the right issues let's hope we can make an electric aeroplane which beats the 51 km FAI record set by MC30 LUCIOLE !

The ergonomy and cockpit unorthodox lay out was the main concern for MITJA and MOTORGLIDERPILOT.

Let's think about it fo a while. Luciole topspeed is 200 km/h and max distance is 51 km...it gives 15 minutes of flying time right ?

So if yu have to fly 5 minutes or even an hour in a position where you can not see throttle lever or the stick...how hard is it really ?

topspeed100

Banned
Here are some views and comparisons to it.

Attachments

topspeed100

Banned
What I reckon as a big idea here is a wing foil which is thick has little drag and lift a lot. I designed one 22 months ago. It is not tested but in a program
it performed well...and a 9 kilo spar on has been calculated at 8.4 metre span for 3.5 Gs for it so far. Thick foil can be made lite. It seems to be lamiar despite the fact that it is thick at the front (27% ).

Attachments

topspeed100

Banned

topspeed100

Banned
Yes Henryk..that is the safest place..cause your body cannot move ( axelerate in impact ) and you can before the impact put hands on the spar. One of the most important safety features in this kite.

topspeed100

Banned
...also the wing and engine will "fly off" in imapact..and main wheel won't take your testicles off at impact like in Pou Du Ciel for instance.

topspeed100

Banned
Why hasn't this been done before ?

I counted 780 kW demand on 80 kg pilot for level flight ...this could be tripled with solar panels of 22.8% efficiency.