Simple six-pack replacement. Is there such a thing?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Toobuilder

Log Member
I would have mentioned the D-10 or the D-100, but they are a true efis, with more capability than the "6 pack replacement" that is the d-60. If you really want to go efis, then the D-180 is the ultimate bang for the buck - including an entire EMS. The whole panel in one box. They're a great value on the used market.

koyama

I would have mentioned the D-10 or the D-100, but they are a true efis, with more capability than the "6 pack replacement" that is the d-60. If you really want to go efis, then the D-180 is the ultimate bang for the buck - including an entire EMS. The whole panel in one box. They're a great value on the used market.
It is true that the D-10 and D-100 have more capability than the 6 pack, but they are a direct replacement for it. Even new, they are cheaper than purchasing the same steam gauges new. If you are buying used stuff, it depends on the sources and conditions, but again, it is really difficult to find the same steam gauges cheaper than a used Dynon. You come out ahead either way because you have many more features and they are more reliable and provide more accurate data that is easier to read. You also win again when you think about the plumbing, vacuum pump (or venturi), filter and all of the accessories that you need to make the steam gauges work, that are not needed for the Dynon. It adds up quick in the form of time wasted and hassle. Also, with the D10A, you free up a ton of space and it is WAY lighter. I am not a fan of the D-180, (it takes up too much space, and it is fragile by comparison) but they are a one box solution. It is basically the same thing as a D10A and an EMS10 in the same box. It might be a good solution for some installs, or people that can't see well and need a bigger display.

Dominic Eller

HBA Supporter
Hi Kurt,
have a look at these two, very very light weight, low power draw and both have a 3 in 1 option for ASI/VSI/ALT.
I’m using the kanardia indu round 3 in 1 and the digi engine monitor and the flight data systems G / volt/ engine time / OAT meter
Whole lot will weight about 600g! Plus a bit of wire and pitot static tube

The belite stuff is a bit lighter and might suit your needs more, plus they are a bit cheaper

good luck on your build :)