Sheriff Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by proppastie, Jan 13, 2020 at 11:17 PM.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jan 13, 2020 at 11:17 PM #1

proppastie

proppastie

proppastie

2. Jan 14, 2020 at 12:20 AM #2

Victor Bravo

Victor Bravo

Victor Bravo

Well then, 'pastie get off your empennage and go get it :) If I were in NJ I'd be elbowing you out of the way to go bid on it myself.

Even if it's not your kind of airplane, I'm sure you can trade it or sell it ir swap it for something you do want. The Sportsman might make a decent towplane, so you might trade it to the local glider club for a 1-26 or something even higher performance.

You may get it for a song.

3. Jan 14, 2020 at 1:20 AM #3

Glenn Farrant

Glenn Farrant

Glenn Farrant

I'm guessing it's in pretty poor condition. Deregistered in 2013 and a google search of the N number shows it outside and abandoned in 2012.

proppastie likes this.
  4. Jan 14, 2020 at 1:48 AM #4

proppastie

proppastie

proppastie

Core engine, and some work to get it flying....so yes should go reasonable. Already have an airplane, and a project and certainly do not need another one......but you younger guys ......Interesting...... I was recently told "anyone can work on an experimental" you only need a repairman or A&P for the annual condition inspection, otherwise anyone can buy this and work on it. After it is done bring your A&P to sign it off and you have an airplane. Not sure how that "deregistered" effects all of this but a word of advice.... do not bother the Philadelphia FISDO with any questions....I have been told they have the worst reputation in the US.

5. Jan 14, 2020 at 4:32 AM #5

Glenn Farrant

Glenn Farrant

Glenn Farrant

Yes. Should be re-registerable.

If it was closer to me (Colorado), I'd be all over it.

6. Jan 14, 2020 at 12:40 PM #6

Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson

I think re-registering it might be a big problem as the last registered owner (which also appears to be the builder) reported the airplane sold and it has never been subsequently registered. Whatever legal documents that come with this aircraft will have a gap in FAA ownership that could be an issue.

7. Jan 14, 2020 at 1:58 PM #7

crusty old aviator

crusty old aviator

crusty old aviator

The FAA just wants to track the aircraft’s chain of ownership. I have a plane that was donated to EAA in the 60’s. She wasn’t fancy enough for their new museum in Oshkosh, so they eventually declared her as “destroyed” and “gifted” her to a museum in Sioux City, IA, who eventually sold her to the friend of the man I bought her from. The two private owners signed FAA bills of sale and returned them to me. Both museums sent me photocopies of the contents of their files on the airplane, but no B of S (worried about liability, so they stated in their cover letters). Those cover letters satisfied the FAA though, as they completed the chain of ownership. Photographs proved she wasn’t destroyed. Hopefully, the Sheriff will complete a FAA B of S, along with a copy of the paperwork that resulted in the sale, as that should satisfy the FAA. Reregistration with the original number should be possible, if the N# is still available and you send in photographs of the plane, showing she is still complete.

8. Jan 14, 2020 at 3:21 PM #8

BillDavis

BillDavis

BillDavis

As long as it is only the registration that has been de-registered it will be doable as stated above. If the airworthy certificate was also removed then you are left with parts only.

Bill