• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Shaped ELT antenna help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psycho18th

I was able to pick up a used ACK-04 ELT for my project which included the antenna. The antenna has been shaped or bent for some specific design, I’m assuming from the donor aircraft. Is it OK to mount it this way on my aluminum aircraft? Should I try to straighten it? Just order a new antenna? Read through all the installation instructions, and it seems the only antenna approved for this ELT is straight. IMG_4713.jpegIMG_4713.jpeg

Back