• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

rotec?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbloid

First off, I should tell you that I'm a beginner just getting into this. That being said I have a few questions

I came across an opportunity to buy 2 older Rotec brand ultralights. One is complete (I think) with a belt driven 503 Rotax. The other one has no sails, and is powered by a gear driven 277 Rotax ( I believe).
Is anyone here familiar with this brand? What is a reasonable price (considering they've been in storage for 8yrs)? What are some things to watch for?
I have also been looking at a newly constructed Ragwing Aerial. This one is powered by a fresh Kawasaki 340. Again, is anyone familiar with these?
I originally wanted to build my own, and maybe will one day. This just seemed to be a more cost efficient and faster way to get started.

Any and all help/comments will be appreciated

Back