• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Questions about buying this plane?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahannay

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
Thought I'd better ask some more experienced fellows questions about the safety of this aircraft. I am 63 year old former military pilot (Navy trained, 1500 hours, mostly helicopter) who has returned to flying in the past year but has no taildragger time. I found this aircraft on Barnstormers, and when asked about its flight characteristics, seller said the plane was bought out of an estate.

"There is not a lot of info on it. The builder wanted to put kits on the market... I did talk to a man that had flew the plane. (Jan 2009) He said it flys like a pitts."

Other specifications on this plane are cruise speed 150, stall speed 55, climb rate 2200fpm, and roll rate 290 degrees ps. This makes it sound like a very nimble and acrobatic aircraft -- but is it too much for a pilot with my limited recent experience to handle?

Also, I wonder about the 11 degree swept wing - -- less drag, but what might its effect on stability and stall characteristics be?

What are you guys' reactions to this plane? Thanks!

EXPERIMENTAL TAILDRAGGER • $8,900 • SALE FELL THROUGH Experimental aircraft. This airplane is a 2 place tandem tail-dragger. It has a Taylorcraft L-2 fuselage, Lyc O-320E2D engine with 160HP. TT Airframe 105. Time on Engine is 105 SMOH, Only apx.2200 TT on engine. Metal tube fuselage. Metal wing, Stits covered. Does not qualify for Sport Pilot license. Carbon fiber prop, Aerobatic. Day VFR, Cruise speed 150 MPH. No radios or transponder. No electrical or starter, 24 GAL fuel tanks. Engine and airframe logs up to date. Airworthiness cert 1999. Annual good through 03-31-2011. Tulsa Oklahoma. $8,900http://www.barnstormers.com/ad_manager/ad_detail.php?ID=424319&go_to_images=1
1x1.gif

moz-screenshot-2.png

Back