• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

PVC wheel chocks....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickathome

Has anyone here made their own wheel chocks out of PVC? I saw a photo of a plane on Barnstormers.com that had some nifty homemade chocks made out of what looked like 1 inch PVC. I made one last night but used 1 1/2 inch PVC as the 1 inch stuff looks too small in that the wheel could jump over it. The idea I had was to carry it in the plane and if I ever park at an airport that doesn't have any decent chocks handy, I could toss mine under the nosewheel. Only problem is its bulky and heavy(weighs about 3 lbs). I may just use it where I park at m yhome airport and leave it on theground when I fly. Just wondering if anyone else made any chocks from PVC.

Back