• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

problems with registation - kit manufacturer LLC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcurcio1989

So I sent my registration middle / late December in for the kit I am building. Mid January I get a letter from the FAA saying they need additional information regarding the LLC status of the kit manufacturer. So I give them a call and they say that because the company's owner signed the bill of sale as "managing member" they need all this additional information. If he re sends one that just says manager it will go through no problem.

What I don't understand is that this is public information and anyone can literally go to Florida's LLC sunbiz website and pull up the documentation that lists this person as a mgrm. From my understanding MGRM means member managed and each member can make decisions. Wheres mgr or manager managed means that the members do not have authority to make decisions on the businesses behalf. So why on earth is the FAA giving me so much trouble!?

I got a bill of sale from the manufacturer signed as "manager" (it got lost in the mail for a while- thanks usps). I'm going to send it in now but this seems so ridiculous. Anyone else dealt with this?

Back