• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Plywood Weight Comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lake_harley

Supporting Member
I need a few Sq. Ft. of 1/4" plywood for some nose rib doublers and aileron nose rib doublers on the MiniMAX I've started. The material list calls out Fir or Mahogany plywood but I can't find either locally. I don't want to buy a full 4' X 8' sheet of sanded pine plywood (looks really good) but wonder if the weight of it might be comparable to Fir? I did find a 2' X 2' piece of Birch at a local Menards but since I'm looking for every possible ounce of weight savings on this build I want to make sure I'm not picking or using plywood that's just extra weight even if it's only 1 or 2 ounces. I thought Wicks Aircraft or Aircraft Spruce would list weights of various plywood, but the weight is not always listed. I also searched for a plywood weight chart, but no joy.

Input??

Thanks in advance!

Lynn

Back