• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Paul Glavin: 0.8 hours in my Pilot Log, 22 years old, about to build a plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigglywiggly

Hello!

I'll give you a little background so the title makes sense. I'm originally from Rochester, NY. In May I graduated from USC and immediately started looking into flight schools, the aviation industry, etc., as I knew above all else I wanted to fly. In my 3 months since graduating, I've taken my introductory flight lesson (unfortunately that's all I've done so far), gone to Oshkosh Airventure, and joined an LSA startup SkyCraft Airplanes, which is bringing the SD-1 MiniSport to the U.S, right now just as a kit.

With SkyCraft I'll be starting to build our first SD-1 kit this weekend (with help of course), which will be my first project. In an ideal world I would be certified to fly it once its done, but financially I'm looking at another few months at least before I can get back to flight training full force. If there's anyone on here who's built an SD-1 before please let me know so we can get in touch! If I'm the first, hopefully I can still find good advice from these forums even if they're not model-specific. I'd be happy to update you guys on the build process of the SD-1 as well as answer any questions if you're interested.

I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Back