• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Oshkosh 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you who are going to be at OSH late in the week and are looking for something Sonerai to do, Charlie Becker has asked me to do a presentation on the Sonerai at the Homebuilder's Hangar at 1:00 PM on Friday, July 28th. Please join me.

Okay Guys, here is the plan for the OSH lunch time get together. We will do it like we have done it the last couple of years. The reason this seems to work is that everyone has an agenda at OSH but everyone has to eat. So, we visit, put faces to names, eat and press on with our agendas.

There is an eatery/cafeteria/food place just southwest of the "homebuilders hangar", just a bit southwest of the "homebuilders pavilion". Sometimes these places change names but last year as I recall it was called "Aces Café". I will scope it out early in the week and if the name changed I will let yall know.

So, lets plan on meeting there for lunch at 1130 hrs. on Wednesday July 26th. I will be there with a white floppy hat and a name tag that will say Kevin Ross. The reason we chose 1130 is to beat the lunch rush and unofficially stake out some tables together. That being said, if you can, come over early and help me save some tables that are all together.

I will be sure to have name tags and sharpies so that we can figure out who is who.

The evening before, Tuesday, I will post a reminder here and advise of any changes. The only change I see is possibly the name of the café???

See yall next Wednesday!

Kevin Ross

Raceair said:
For some reason, My Supervee Air Sports forum has not been scheduled by EAA, but My Cassutt Racer forum is set for Wednesday, July 26th at 2:30 pm......
I will try to find out what's up with Supervee.........ED

Ed, do you have a location for this?

Okay guys, lunch tomorrow at Tailwind Cafe also known as Roxy's. Southwest of the Homebuilders Pavillion by a couple hundred yards or less and southwest of the Homebuilders Hangar by about one hundred yards. Place has a large white tent over it.

Let's plan on lunch at 1130hrs to beat the rush and to commandeer a few tables together. If you wish please come a few early and help me save tables.

I'll have a large white floppy hat on. I'll have name tags so we can put faces to names.

See ya there.

Kevin

Have a great time guys. I did do something Sonerai this weekend. I have moved N127PZ to Lamy,NM. It all packed up on the trailer and tarped and located at my EAA Chap691 buddy Rick "Storch" Shore. My buyer in Texas has hit a snag and can't complete a deal until November. His $200 deposit that was "in the mail" is not here. If anyone at OSH wants to get into a great Sonerai project you know where I am. Cheers, Pete (still asking $4500 trailer,engine,everything I have)

Soneraifred said:
The OSH forum schedule shows it to be in Workshop Classroom A.

GREAT meeting you Fred and seeing your very cool S2 up close...thanks!

V/R
Smokey

Great to meet you on Monday Fred, and thanks for letting me try on your SIIL. Proof positive that a big guy can fit!

V/r,

Brad

Whaddayaknow! I was reading through AirVenture Today, the daily show newspaper, and Fred is interviewed in there. See https://issuu.com/eaahq/docs/avt_072717 page 14.

O'Bill

And, he narrated the homebuilts in review on Tues, I believe.

Great to meet up with some of you guys a the lunch.

Tom H

Looked through the video recaps of the week that EAA Live posted. Big Wow. The B2 Bone I would see come landing in pairs in at Nellis AFB but I never saw them light up the sky with after-burners. Cool stuff. Prayers for a safe journey home for everyone. -Pete

Thanks to everyone who sat thru my forums and presentations, and stopped by the airplane to talk. It made for,a great week. I flew the airplane home yesterday morning (Saturday), and came home with my camping gear this morning (Sunday). Only 51 weeks until OSH 2018!

Fred -

I was the guy asking tons of questions during the Homebuilts in Review session on Friday. Thanks for answering my questions, hosting these sessions, and all things you do Sonerai! 8)

Jon Filipa

The most photographed too! Great meeting you Fred.

Fred was besieged with questions at the end of his Sonerai walk-around. What a great format - outside the home-builders hanger in direct sunlight! Poor Fred. He did a great job!

My hangar neighbor was promoting the Questair Venture (30th anniversary) this year - i was thrilled to see two of my favorite airplane types getting plenty of attention.

Great to see your plane Fred and thanks for answering my many questions! I may have a few more... Jon

Back