• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Oshkosh 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soneraifred

Supporting Member
Hi Guys:
Oshkosh 2017 is only 48 days away, and no one is talking about it yet. So, I'll get the ball rolling. As usual, I'm planning to be there all week. I'll have N99FK there, hopefully on the flight line in front of the Homebuilder's HQ in the Auto Engines row. I'll be camping somewhere in Camp Scholler. The Sonerai Builders Forum is scheduled for Monday, July 24, at 1:00 PM in Workshop Classroom C. I'm also doing my Demystifying Weight and Balance forum on Friday, July 28, at 8:30 AM in Workshop Classroom C. I'd like to propose that we hold our annual lunch on Wednesday, July 26, at noon at the Aces Cafe next to the Homebuilder's Hangar. So, are you coming? Are you planning to bring your Sonerai?

I'll take the lead again on the lunch at Aces Café. Okay, save the date Wed. July 26th. Only change I would suggest is to make it be at 1130 hrs. so we can all get tables together before the lunch rush.

I'll update everybody with details as it gets closer.

Kevin

For some reason, My Supervee Air Sports forum has not been scheduled by EAA, but My Cassutt Racer forum is set for Wednesday, July 26th at 2:30 pm......
I will try to find out what's up with Supervee.........ED

O.K.....Supervee Air Sports is on from 1 pm to 2:15 pm, Tuesday, July 25th in Workshop Classroom A.....Didn't see it the first time....ED

I'm planning to be there all week as well, at this point not planning on bringing the Sonerai. I will be camping in Scholler 25th & Elm like usual.

I'll be there Friday and Saturday sans SII. If anyone is staying around that long I'd love to put some faces to names.

I'm not sure if I'll make it this year. I've been out of state most of the spring helping my sister with health issues. I should know more by the end of the month. But, I was able to finish forming my wing ribs!

Larry

I plan to be there Wednesday through Friday. I look forward to seeing you Fred and N99FK, and of, course ,all the other Sonerai builders and flyers! Jon Schilder

How do I make sure they park me with the other Sonerai's? I've also flown in with a Piper and camped in either the Nor't 40 or Vintage.

It all depends on when you get there, and how full the flight line is. The Homebuilt parking crew tries to park the different types together, but sometimes it's not possible. As per the notam, make a sign that you can hold up when you taxi in, so they know where you want to go.

I'm heading up that way on the 24th and 25th hope to meet other owners! I'm currently working on my Sonerai II with hopes to have it flying next summer. I'm an A&P/Avionics/Pilot. Can't wait to get my plane up in the air where it belongs! Me and my son just put the engine on but I'm going to take it off to install a electric system and starter I ordered from GP. Hope to see you all there!

Looks like I'll be able to make it to Oshkosh after all. Looking forward to it! After being there the last two years, I hated the thought of missing it.

Larry

Sonerai Forum Monday
Supervee Air Racing Tuesday
Sonerai Lunch Wednesday

What else are we doing???

I will likely arrive Sunday PM and depart the pattern Wednesday night. Looking forward to meeting everyone I can.....and coming home with lots of Sonerai pictures.

So, once again, I have to skip the trip this year. This time every other manager in my group at work chose to take vacation this week, or to have a baby, so that leaves just me to command the fort should there be an emergency. Grrrr. So you guys please post some pictures and updates to help out us suffering souls. And I'd be real interested in knowing if the focus on homebuilders by the EAA is continuing to get better (after years of neglect). That seemed to be getting better since Jack Pelton took charge, and Fred did a stint on the Homebuilt Aircraft Council.

As for me, I'll have to settile for watching the Airventure webcams (two of which are already up and running: https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-airventure-news-and-multimedia/eaa-airventure-webcams). But that is like eating bologna in lieu of steak. BTW, the Homebuilder's HQ is too far from any webcam to see Fred's ride.

O'Bill

Back