• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Optimizion theory for high Power/Weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WonderousMountain

I have a Geo 1.3 L4 motor waiting for me to get into flying shape. The car was my sole inheritance; every flight will remind me of his love. I'm glad it wasn't an Iron block, that would make for a challenging memento.

In anylizing where I could find horses and drop shoes a problem began to present itself in the form of a question. What is out of proportion? Is it the exterior equipement that can be changed, bolted and unbolted. Surely there's 15 pounds there.

Is it the block? Can I drill holes and grind metal away from certain parts. Alter or replace the head? Reduce internal fluids? Turbo/supercharge it?

So the question is, without resorting to exotic extreems, What could we build, that would be relatively reliable, efficient enough that we don't have to carry too much fuel, and powerfull for it's weight class.

Some basic limitations might be. (110 lbs, 50kgs)
Max height & width (2 feet, 60 cm)
Common cylinder arrangement, in-line (4-8), vee (6-12), flat (4-12), Rotary {non-wankel} (3-12)
Push button start. External components like starter, radiator, oil filter, commercially available or easily manufactured.

Thank you for your time. I'm nearly certain it's valuable to you :ermm:

Wonderous Mountain

Back