• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

One more person who likes to dream big

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AEV2

Hello,

My introduction to flying came when I was about 12 years old, a friend of my mother was a CFI and offered me a chance to fly his Cessna 182 Skylane . After getting to fly it around in a few circles, he introduced me to stalls and a spin; I’ve been hooked ever since.

I finished up my Private License when I returned to college in the 90’s after a short enlistment in the Armed Services. At the time I thought I wanted to take up a career in aeronautical engineering but Uncle Sam decided they had other plans for me and recalled me to active duty in the mid-90s.

I had originally started a conceptual project that was intended to use many of the advances that were just gaining interest in military and civilian research; composite materials, hybrid engine technology,high lift/reduced drag design. Years ago when I had thought of the design parameters and specifications the project was killed before it ever had a start since it required massive leaps forward in the technologies that served as the project corner stones.

Fast forward to 2012 and companies like Lockheed, Boeing, Honda, Chevy, and others have made the project not only conceptually feasible, but a potential reality. A friend of mine suggested that I look at this site which explains how I ended up here.

I have dusted off some of the old sketches and started to transfer them in 2D to a form that can be uploaded. I am currently in the process of updating the design specifications since many of the goals that were out of reach 17 years ago have either been met or exceeded in recent history in one aircraft design or another.

I have enjoyed reading much of what has been discussed here and look forward to joining in some new ones as soon as I get settled as I move back to the United States.

S/F
AEV2

Back