• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Nomad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachaknoop

I have a Nomad, which is a light (75 Kilo) slow flying plane of 11 meterswingspan. It is an airchair motorised with a Solo 2 stroke engine. It probably is comparable with the Goat airchair, but has a little more span. I would love to convert it to electric propulsion with a motor of an equivalent of 20 hp or a bit more. I do have experience with electric small cars (designing and building prototypes) I am not a novice in this area and aware of the costs this will bring, especially battery packs are expensive. But I am not familiar with what is on the market and what I can buy off the shelf in the aviation field, so I wonder if some of you could help find a suitable solution to power my airchair. I don't need a lot of endurance, just want to bring it up and take advantage of soaring conditions to stay up, and use the engine to get to mij landing spot. I figure a PPG system could be sufficient.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChjJogZIWAo&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL6283661EC9B5E198

Thanks
Sacha

Back