• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Nieuport 11/16 or 17. Oh no He needs some help again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac790

First I want to say thanks for help with my last Uni project.

But I need some help again. I just started another semester and yesterday we received a project for another semester. No more drawings in Inventor:). Because our tutors really like WWI planes (at least some of them) this time we have to make entire Nieuport (11/16 or 17) plane in Solidworks. But because it's another semester they increased level (personaly I'm really happy about it).
So first we have to make plane in Solidworks, second we have to make structural tests (modal analysis) in Nastran (Femap), third we have to make also some tests (flow analysis) in Fluent.
So far I've found some drawings.

Here
Nieuport 17

And in better resolution on CD for 32$ here
France

Here is a probably 3Dstudio version (attachment2)
Mark Miller's 3-D Nieuport

But we need more info like longerons dimensions (cross section), type of wood etc, otherwise all structural test will be pointless (in my opinion).
If anyone know some good sites with pictures, description, blueprints etc, please let me know.

I know there is no problem with Fokker Dr.I drawings they are available here
Fokker Dr.1 - Construction drawings
But it's harder to find something about Nieuports

Good news is that we have the engine already.
Rotary engine

Thanks
Seb

btw last year project Goat3 (attachment 1) full resolution here Goat3

Attachments

• goat.jpg
    goat.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,399
  • n17wip.jpg
    n17wip.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 4,665
Last edited: