Nice 3/4 scale Zero with Verner

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Hawk81A

"The edge" came when OUR guy pointed his toward the ground and the airspeed indicator crept up towards the 400+ MPH area. If "their guy" tried to follow, his wings came off - oh, and during the earlier days of the war their people didn't like to carry a parachute. Dennis

Hawk81A

Do bear in mind: the P-36/Zero battles at Pearl, the P-36's were using their .30 cal guns, as the 50's had been removed to be installed in the P-40's.
That's the first time I've heard that. I did know that the P-40s at Clark, most had never had their guns fired at all because they were worried about having enough .50 caliber ammunition. The guns had just been boresighted and that was it. A few had their guns not fire when they went into combat due to faulty solenoids. Dennis

ScaleBirdsScott

In any case, Jirka's Zero looks like a later model land-based Zero. I am enjoying the level of fit/finish on it, something to aspire to for my projects. The thing even has some kind of pyrotechnic revolver cap guns in the wings.

ShindenKai

Whaaat?! Is this a kit built Zero?!?! I NEED!! I don't have a FB account, where can I find out more about this Zero?!

Last edited: