• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New wooden rotec powered designs i have been working on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugsy

hello,
dunno if this is the correct place to post these but here goes.
Here are some initial rough scale drawings of some mostly wood rotec r2800 powered aircraft i have been working on. i have been particularly interested in molded plywood construction ("duramold" the original composite aircraft construction method) i have also been investigating many different configurations some conventional, some crazy:nervous: i guess ultimately i actually want to build and fly something and not get too bogged down in endless refinement in pursuit of a perfect design. many of the designs i have been working on are influenced by the Dh moth and miles aircraft from the 30's that were all powered by the same 130 hp gipsy major engine. i guess for these aircraft i'd be aiming for performance comparable to a modern 150 hp 2-4 seat designs. tandem low wing final1.jpg

Back