• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Vacuum Infusion Techniques

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corsair82pilot

Hey Folks,
I haven't posted here for a long time. I have been working on vacuum infusion (for impregnating the composite matrix) for sometime and have been introduced to a really great new technique called Double Bag infusion.
Instead of a long post about it, I will try to post some articles here.

I found that using infusion, one guy can get superior results in layups at room temperature using Vinyl Ester or Epoxy. As long as you use resin formulated for infusion. That means low viscosity.
It is really easy to set up your shop and doesn't cost much as most equipment can be found at hardware stores and eBay.

I'm not a teacher and not selling anything. I just think it is great stuff for home builders.

Hope this works.

The Corsair82 : Vacume Infusion

Double-bag infusion: 70% fiber volume? : CompositesWorld

There is a lot more info out there if you Google vacuum infusion.

Last edited:
Back