• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

new member that makes dust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dust

Hi all, I am new to this forum, and from what I see, it appears to be a nice community.

I have and will continue to post at the canard forum, but I think that the stage i am in now belongs here, rather than there. I am installing a continental tsio360a into the cozy mk IV and a blue mountain efis and these items are more universal than to just a cozy.

I REALLY like the forum format and I think it can bring allot of new builders and as this site shows, designers, into the custom built aircraft arena.

The more the merrier. I was raised that by 1975 we would all have our own personal aircraft and the skies would be crowded, well look out, and there is not a crowd, there is hardly anything, hombuilders are changing that.

The hardest part of building is getting the guts to start, the second hardest part is finishing. This forum can lead to many starting and many finishing.

We, mike, dave and thane, have been building 2 cozies for the last 5 1/2 years, one day a week. The fabrication part is almost done and we are now starting to work on engine, finishing, and instruments.

I am planning a rather radical change to my continental

fabricate intake manifold
fabricate new exhaust
install modern turbo or two turbos
electronic turbo controlls
electronic ignition
electronic fuel injection
intercooler
masive heating improvements

sensors up the yazoo

My goal is to improve engine efficency and reliability of turbo and engine control systems and to cruise at 80% of power at 25000 feet.

Who knows how many of these items i will accomplish, but the trip is fun, wether or not i am airborn with a hand made intake or the factoryone

enjoy the build

dust
oh,BTW i can't spelkl

Back